Re:

Bass said:

>Have you read Olson's story of being shocked while standing partway up
>a ladder when it mysteriously jumped into an open electrical cabinet
>mounted to the surface of a beam near the ceiling of some warehouse?
>That one also presented some interesting challenges to laws of physics.
>
>The unbelievable part (for anyone who knows the first thing about
>electricity) was how he managed to get shocked while standing partway
>up the ladder.  Have you ever seen a bird on a high tension wire?
>Notice how they don't get shocked, even though the cable may be
>carrying 50,000 Volts?

Hey, Stupid,

Ever wonder why electricians use fiberglass or wood ladders?  I'll bet it's
because they don't like that ugly corrosion you see on aluminum ladders.

Oh, but wait, the electricians use nonconductive ladders.  I'll bet they
just don't know as much about electricity as you do.

Here is OSHA's regulation on the subject:

>1910.333(c)(7)
>
>"Portable ladders." Portable ladders shall have nonconductive siderails if
>they are used where the employee or the ladder could contact exposed
>energized parts.

Idiot.

>A worker wearing typical workboots can touch a live conductor and feel
>>nothing... unless he touches ground at the same time.

Right, that's why aluminum ladders and workboots are an OSHA-accepted
alternative to nonconductive siderails.  Aren't they??

You think it might be because a worker's arm might be in contact with the
aluminum ladder, while his other hand makes contact with a hot wire?

Idiot!

Go climb an aluminum ladder and work on some live 277VAC lighting circuits,
and tell us how it works out for you.

Idiot.

-badenov