Re: napco cancel code

robertlbass@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
>>... you missed the fact that in order to invoke the delay you mention, ... programs require the use of an "opening", "cancel" or "abort" code generated by the alarm system.
>

> I already explained that.

Nope.  You didn't.  Haven't read what you said, have you??

> You tried to imply it wasn't so in your
> prior post (yet another demonstration of your ignorance).

You've lost me.  But then "gibberish" tends to do that to me.

>>... he may not have the facility to alter certain response parameters...
>

> He only asked if it was possible.  Try reading the thread next time.

Sure.  You said that:

"Some CS software also provides the option to delay the on-screen
display of an alarm for [nn] seconds.  If your CS can do so, consider
delaying the response to the delay door an extra 5-10 seconds to give
the homeowner time to disarm if he messes up.  Of course you'll want to
discuss this with thye client first to be sure he accepts the slight
delay.  Get his assent in writing as a signature on a work order where
you've described the changes you're making."

Let's examine this a little closer.  The CS software I've worked with
can facilitate what's been mentioned here (either delaying or
eliminating the operator's alarm message if a cancel, abort, or opening
code is sent within the certain parameters).  In order to invoke this
feature though, the alarm panel must transmit these additional signals.
  I've never tried "delaying" the actual alarm message on it's own (as
you imply above) and I would strongly recommend against such a thing if
in fact it is possible.  There's nothing more comforting to a home-owner
than having the CS call him within seconds of an alarm trip.  I'm
certain you've experienced the reaction to such an incident (i.e.  "My
goodness you guys are fast", "Man, you're really on the ball", etc.).

As for the "delay" you mentioned, for a number of years ADT's SOP
incorporated an addtional 45 second delay on the communicator following
the programmed entry delay in order to allow the customer to disarm the
system without having a call placed to the CS if the client happened to
screw up.  This didn't involve the CS software they were using, but was
hard coded into the actual burg control.  It made selling against them
particularly easy.  I for one (as a responsible "counter clerk") would
never recommend the use of any delay on an alarm (or alarm signal).  My
customers "peace of mind" is far too important to me.  You haven't
actively serviced or installed an alarm system in a number of years.
Accepting any advice from you in this respect should be taken with a
large measure of skepticism.

>>I see you *still* haven't fixed the pop-up/pop-under problem..
>

> It only exists in your mind.  Others have already proved you're lying
> (again).

Really??  It seems to me that a number of individuals have not only
identified the source of the pop-ups/pop-unders, they've provided you
with screen shots and the source code.  You're not *that* ignorant, are
you??