Re: UL Required to get License

robertlbass@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

Isn't it interesting how this thread turned from a news item about UL
requiring licensing to provide service in Florida to another typical
Bass Flame by Innuendo.  What are you even doing responding in this
thread, Robert??  You don't install *anything*, aren't licensed in
Florida, and couldn't find your way around a fire alarm system if you
had the manual *and* the software.  You're a parts pusher.  The only
difference between you and the guys from Tri-Ed or ADI is that they work
for companies that actually *support* the industry, local dealers, and
installers!!!

>>My son is a fireman...
>

> What rubbish!  I don't care if your daughter is a nurse or your wife is
> the weatherman.  That has nothing to do with your refusal to bring your
> company into compliance with UL standards, let alone to get a proper UL
> listing.  Just because you don't (or can't) comply with proper
> installation standards that doesn't

Doesn't what??  You didn't finish your sentence.  Just left all of us
"hanging there", wondering what other bullshit was going to spew from
that new Dell of yours...

>>Nope, just us lowly monkeys...
>

> I always like that line.  It started with me saying that any primate
> can install an alarm.  The idiot from Waco responded that he didn't
> like it when I called him a primate.  Heh, heh, heh.  Like you, he
> obviously didn't realize that homo sapiens is a primate.
>
> The fun part was explaining to Morgan that I didn't consider him a
> primate.  The moron thought I was complimenting him.  Heh, heh, heh.

Was this before or after you tried to get him fired by filing a false
complaint with his boss??  I can't quite remember now...

>>Again, if you knew State law and if you knew the issues at hand, in each municipality this issue is present, you would realize the comments you are making are unfounded.
>

> Oh, really?  Where's your UL cert???

This is the Robert I remember...  "Twisting" the night away...  Talk
about "kicks and giggles"...

>>You might as well be talking to a mirror.
>

> More like a brick.

I thought they used thatch in Brazil...

>>The issue is called "third party vertification". It has nothing to do with UL. UL is just one choice...
>

> Where's your FM cert???  Oops!  You have nothing.  You're not listed
> with *any* third party verifier.  Nice try.  Care to play again?

Did he say he was???  Hello???  Dang!!!  No one's home again...

>>What would people say if a city or county said, "to do business in Heartland, USA., you **must** buy from ADI.
>

> Ah, but that's not the situation.  They're only saying that the system
> must be certified by a third party (such as UL).  Your problem is
> you're not listed with anyone at all.

How is that a problem??  You don't have to be listed with UL to install,
service or inspect a fire alarm system...

> That's why you're losing fire
> alarm sales.

Where did he say he was losing fire alarm sales???

> The ironic part is that without needing a license or
> certification at all, I can sell system that you can't touch.  Isn't
> that nice?

Heh...  Sure, Robert...  Who verifies the systems you sell??  Who
services the systems you sell??  Better yet...  who installs the systems
you sell and do you provide the tech support??

> Didn't make the list with any of them, eh?

Apparently neither did you...  when you were running your "modestly
successful central station alarm company...

> That's not even close to restraint of trade.  The inspectors only want
> to make sure companies that install and service fire alarms do a good
> job.

Nope...  That's not what the inspectors want.  Not ever being involved
with UL or ULC certificated systems, you wouldn't know, would you??

> If you're unable to meet the standards that are being established
> that's your problem.

Where did he say he was unable to meet the standards??

> And if that means people have to buy their
> commercial fire alarm systems from more reputable firms, tough luck.

Let's see...  who would be a good reputable firm???  In Florida??  That
specializes in Fire Alarm...  and is licensed...  Ermmm...  I guess that
leaves you out on a number of counts...

> The problem isn't the standard or the code.  It is your unwillingness
> to adhere to either.

Where did he say this??  Go back and read what he wrote again, Robert.
Before you wind up putting both feet into your mouth...

> If that is costing you business, then perhaps
> people in your area will be a little safer.

Heh...  Bob doesn't have anything to worry about...  You, OTOH...
Didn't you just recently undergo an examination by the ECLB??  Or was
that the State Attorney's office??

> Please stop this nonsense.  You're being silly.  Either get youself
> into compliance or forget doing commercial fire alarms.

Robert.  I'd ask you to stop, but I know you won't listen, so I'll just
sit back and watch you make a bigger fool of yourself than usual...  Tsk!!

>>>Instead of complying you choose to denigrate the agency.
>

>>I denigrate anyone that is operating outside the law...
>

> You're the one who isn't allowed to do commercial fire alarms.

Did he say that???  Where???

> Just
> stop doing them before you get caught and quit complaining about others
> who can still legally sell them.

"Doing" a commercial fire alarm isn't the same as "selling" a commercial
fire alarm.  "Doing" one has several components in it that you can't
offer.  Like *installation*, *service*, *inspection*.  What you don't
seem to realize is that *anyone* can *sell* a commercial fire alarm
system (even the guys behind *my* counter).  ;-)

> Let's see.  Since I came back you've posted lots of flames

Don't you mean "truth"??

> filled your
> posts with childish insults and generally behaved like a spoiled 3-year
> old.

Really??  Where??

> If that is your idea of food for thought

Nope...  it's called "kicks and giggles"...