Re: UL Required to get License

> My son is a fireman...

What rubbish!  I don't care if your daughter is a nurse or your wife is
the weatherman.  That has nothing to do with your refusal to bring your
company into compliance with UL standards, let alone to get a proper UL
listing.  Just because you don't (or can't) comply with proper
installation standards that doesn't

> Paying UL ...
> --- snip whining about other contractors ---

Quit trying to pass the buck.  Either get your act together or stop
attacking those who make the standards because you can't.

> Nope, just us lowly monkeys...

I always like that line.  It started with me saying that any primate
can install an alarm.  The idiot from Waco responded that he didn't
like it when I called him a primate.  Heh, heh, heh.  Like you, he
obviously didn't realize that homo sapiens is a primate.

The fun part was explaining to Morgan that I didn't consider him a
primate.  The moron thought I was complimenting him.  Heh, heh, heh.

> I am not attacking anyone...

Uh-huh.  Sure.

> --- snip drivel ---

>> ... that you can't compete for commercial fire alarm jobs with firms that choose to adhere to the standards and to uphold those standards by paying their dues.

> Again, if you knew State law and if you knew the issues at hand, in each municipality this issue is present, you would realize the comments you are making are unfounded.

Oh, really?  Where's your UL cert???

> You might as well be talking to a mirror.

More like a brick.

>>> ...there is a difference in the commitment to standards...

>> You babble on about a "commitment to standards" yet you refuse to uphold those very standards.

> The issue is called "third party vertification". It has nothing to do with UL. UL is just one choice...

Where's your FM cert???  Oops!  You have nothing.  You're not listed
with *any* third party verifier.  Nice try.  Care to play again?

> What would people say if a city or county said, "to do business in Heartland, USA., you **must** buy from ADI.

Ah, but that's not the situation.  They're only saying that the system
must be certified by a third party (such as UL).  Your problem is
you're not listed with anyone at all.  That's why you're losing fire
alarm sales.  The ironic part is that without needing a license or
certification at all, I can sell system that you can't touch.  Isn't
that nice?

> ... In that county, it isn't good enough to be a UL listed company, you have to be on their prefered list...

Didn't make the list with any of them, eh?

> Who's paying who on that one. Talk about a restraint of trade.

That's not even close to restraint of trade.  The inspectors only want
to make sure companies that install and service fire alarms do a good
job.  If you're unable to meet the standards that are being established
that's your problem.  And if that means people have to buy their
commercial fire alarm systems from more reputable firms, tough luck.

>> Please stop posting such rubbish.

> Just because you cannot separate the difference between a standard and a code doesn't mean it is rubbish.

The problem isn't the standard or the code.  It is your unwillingness
to adhere to either.  If that is costing you business, then perhaps
people in your area will be a little safer.

> One can pin a standard on the wall and follow it...

Or one  can lose opportunity to sell commercial fire alarms.  That is
apparently what has happened to you.  Please stop whining about it
here.

> ...I don't understand.

Obviously not.

> I personally believe it is a big injustice to sell a commercial fire alarm to a DYIer...

Anything that cuts into your revenue is a "big injustice," eh?

>> Try to stay on track.  No one is talking about the AAF.  We're discussing the importance of following standards and submitting your work (I guess you call it that) to the authority of the standards writing agency.

> That is the problem. If UL gave a ra...
> --- snip more whining ---

Please stop this nonsense.  You're being silly.  Either get youself
into compliance or forget doing commercial fire alarms.

>> Instead of complying you choose to denigrate the agency.

> I denigrate anyone that is operating outside the law...

You're the one who isn't allowed to do commercial fire alarms.  Just
stop doing them before you get caught and quit complaining about others
who can still legally sell them.

> ... The reason it was taken to them is because... [a few small alarm compnies that can't comply with the law want to force UL out].

> At least I bring things to the group that is food for thought...

Let's see.  Since I came back you've posted lots of flames, filled your
posts with childish insults and generally behaved like a spoiled 3-year
old.  If that is your idea of food for thought, perhaps you're
referring to some Gerber product.

> It doesn't effect me one way or the other...

Uh-huh.  Sure.  :^)

>> Stop, you're embarrasing yourself.

> Yah, your right... It is good for kicks and giggles though.

Food for thought, eh?