Re: UL Required to get License

<robertlbass@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:1133842645.532477.217800@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> I guess we can safely assume from the tenor of your remarks that your
> company is not UL listed.

 I use a UL listed central station but I am not a UL listed company and
never intend to be.

>That would explain your negative attitude
> towards UL, the most respected standards writer in the nation.

I have all the respect in the world for UL as a standards writing entity and
testing laboratory. They are the "Seal of Good Housekeeping" if you will.  I
don't have any respect for their company certification requirements and the
fables they use to sell their usefullness to the AHJ's when it is nothing
more than a revenue generator for membership to belong their club.
Regardless of what they say, it is starts at $6,800 the first year and
$2,500 each year after, depending on the size of your company. I know of
companies paying well over $100,000 dollars per year. But hey, what better
way to gain membership than to get an AHJ to make it mandatory.
Unfortunately they may have violated State adopted code. We will know that
shortly.