Re: DSC 5501Z

alarman wrote:
> "MT" <mtaulty@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>

>>It seems like the box is unhappy but it doesn't want to tell me what's
>>upsetting it.
>

> Ah, that explains it. I know what the trouble is now. I've seen this before
> many times.
> You have a FEMALE keypad. Replace it with a MALE, and your troubles will be
> over.
> js

ROFL!!  (Or wait a few days until it's period is over.)

Not knowing your set-up, it would be difficult to determine what's
causing this.  Typically, an open zone will turn "off" the ready light
and display on the keypad.  I would check the connections (both at the
keypad and the control).  How is the phone box connected??  Is it done
through a zone??  If so, identify the zone and see if you can bypass it.