Re: DSC 5501Z

MT wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've moved into a house with a security system with a DSC 5501Z keypad
> that has a few PIRs and a couple of door contacts.
>
> The system won't arm. The keypad has 3 lights on it "Ready", "Armed",
> "Trouble". None of the lights are lit. The system seems to know when
> you walk past a PIR in that it shows an open door symbol and pressing #
> on the keypad shows whether any "zones" are currently occupied. It
> shows the time just fine and if I ask it to arm it seems to try and
> then beeps cheerfully before not arming :-)
>
> There is a circular "information" symbol on the screen as well. If I
> press *2 on the system then no trouble conditions are displayed but the
> orange trouble light flashes for a while.
>
> Can anyone help me in understanding how I get the system to go back
> into the "Ready" state so that it can be armed or at least how I ask it
> why it won't put the "Ready" light on?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Mike

Press # on the keypad it should scroll through the open zones on the
display where the clock is. If everything is closed, then it should arm.
Ive only seen on keypad that the lights burnt out in it. Other than that
  something might have been removed, or if it has EOL on it and one of
the reisitors is missing from a device that can prevent an arming
too.And when you press *2 on the keypad there is little tiny numbers at
the very top of the screen that light up, make sure you are at eye level
when you check the troubles. That keypad can be hard to read if its too low.