DSC 5501Z

Hi,

I've moved into a house with a security system with a DSC 5501Z keypad
that has a few PIRs and a couple of door contacts.

The system won't arm. The keypad has 3 lights on it "Ready", "Armed",
"Trouble". None of the lights are lit. The system seems to know when
you walk past a PIR in that it shows an open door symbol and pressing #
on the keypad shows whether any "zones" are currently occupied. It
shows the time just fine and if I ask it to arm it seems to try and
then beeps cheerfully before not arming :-)

There is a circular "information" symbol on the screen as well. If I
press *2 on the system then no trouble conditions are displayed but the
orange trouble light flashes for a while.

Can anyone help me in understanding how I get the system to go back
into the "Ready" state so that it can be armed or at least how I ask it
why it won't put the "Ready" light on?

Thanks,

Mike