Re: back up coverage when alarm not armed?

"Frank Olson" <Use_the_email_links@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> Robertm wrote:
>> "Frank Olson" <Use_the_email_links@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in
>> message news:3h6mf.71441$ki.5883@xxxxxxxxxxx

>>>Wuss!!!  "Real men" turn on their alarm systems.  When they're at home,
>>>they "turn on their wife"...  :-)
>>

>> And the advantage of doing it this way is that if the code is ever
>> compromised and a thief manages to disarm the system, it will still sound
>> an alarm if the thief tries to steal certain common items. But then, I
>> guess you already knew this. Redundancy and backup. Be creative man. Put
>> in more than 3 doors and two motions.
>

> I'll have you know we only sell wireless contacts and PIR's for our
> residential customers.  Anything that my guys can "lick and stick".  All
> our products have been passed by the Belgian Wireless Institute under the
> careful scrutiny of Dr. RuPaulie...  (Would you like an apple pie with
> that?)  :-)

Just having fun with the 2 doors and 3 motions thing. Can you believe ADT
actually tried to sell me that as a secure system? I think they were also
selling Belgian Paul Wireless. And it wasn't a "free" system. It was $850 up
front plus $38 a month for the next 100 years. And yes, fries were included.
:-)

Bob