Re: back up coverage when alarm not armed?

Robertm wrote:
> "Frank Olson" <Use_the_email_links@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>
>>Robertm wrote:
>>
>>>"Frank Olson" <Use_the_email_links@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in
>>>message news:8E4mf.74777$Gd6.74698@xxxxxxxxxxx

>>>I turn the alarm on, but I can't protect everything with sensors on
>>>windows and doors, so this is an additional way to protect. I also have
>>>floor mats and other things that the pros don't know how to install. I
>>>merely mentioned it because the panic input will activate the alarm
>>>whether or not the alarm is set. Under normal circumstances I wouldn't be
>>>moving the TV or stereo so what is the harm? I agree it is not usual and
>>>customary but it doesn't risk anything by doing it this way.
>>

>>Wuss!!!  "Real men" turn on their alarm systems.  When they're at home,
>>they "turn on their wife"...  :-)
>

> And the advantage of doing it this way is that if the code is ever
> compromised and a thief manages to disarm the system, it will still sound an
> alarm if the thief tries to steal certain common items. But then, I guess
> you already knew this. Redundancy and backup. Be creative man. Put in more
> than 3 doors and two motions.

I'll have you know we only sell wireless contacts and PIR's for our
residential customers.  Anything that my guys can "lick and stick".  All
our products have been passed by the Belgian Wireless Institute under
the careful scrutiny of Dr. RuPaulie...  (Would you like an apple pie
with that?)  :-)