Re: why ground an alarm panel.

>  does not permit you to "share" others' ground rods.  When in doubt- drive your own ground rod.  Note: Telco and cable TV Co.s USED to drive their own rods!

I often agree with you, Mike, but not this time.  You really need to
either use the same ground rod as the electrical service or, if you
install your owm, bond it to the other one.  It is not a good idea to
add your own ground rod without bonding all ground rods together.
Doing so can actually be worse than not grounding at all as it creates
a path _through the house_ for ground strike lightning to travel.

Regards,
Robert L Bass
www.BassBurglarAlarms.com