Re: Do YOU ACTUALLY Own Your Equipment -- Truce?

"R.H.Campbell" <rh.campbell@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> "Jim" <alarminex@xxxxxxx> wrote in message
>
> I say, if he stops denigrating the people in this group and installers
>  in general who all "just happen" to use long term contracts. Fine with
>  me. Other than that, his 'holier than thou" attitude is tolerable.
>
> RHC: If you consider comments aimed at uninformed and new readers of this
> newsgroup as an attack against you or other dealers, then my friend, you
> have a problem !! Anyone that's been on this newsgroup for any time, knows
> that's just not so! Nor do you read my posts very carefully...

I usually read the first 3 pages then start to nod off...
Seriously, Bob, he's right. When you attack ADT, you're attacking the
industry.
That's all of us.

> > He's done this continuously, for years here and no one has ever picked
> > up the gauntlet he's thrown down. You'd have figured that by now he'd
> > have come to the conclusion that no one agrees with him and he can do
> > what he damn well pleases with his own company. After so many years
> > it's finally reached the point that ....... who the hell want's to
> > listen to it any more and there no reason why anyone should. He's been
> > ignored. He's been politely challanged. He's been asked to stop. Yet he
> > continues.
>
> RHC: You don't like it, use the "block sender" option ! Who the hell made
> you the newsgroup censor ? I blocked your vile, ignorant posts for the
> longest time but unblocked them when I saw the occasional intelligent post
> quite by accident. This time, if you don't like my posts, take the same
> action !!

Bob, you're scaring me here: you sound like a fish (bass)
Don't try to BS me that you don't know Jim is a top-notch installer. I save
some
of his posts in my notes and I bet you do too. My money says you have
never blocked him.

> > In addition, he's rampantly hypocritical by sounding off on Paul and
> > Cooper for doing the same thing that he does. Yet in spite of the fact
> > that no one agrees with him, and that he's insulting the entire
> > industry by claiming contracts are a scam, he believes that because
> > it's HIM, what he thinks really IS good, true and correct and therefore
> > his message is legitimate to HARP on. Only Paul and Coopers message
> > isn't even though there's no difference between them.
>
> RHC: Cooper is a scammer pure and simple and we all know it. Paul is an
> obsessive compulsive individual with serious mental problems, if he isn't
> troll !!  Perhaps it's I who should be insulted by being compared to these
> two ! But if you really believe that, other than just trying to be
insulting
> as usual, or win some kind of point, then block me. But spare us your own
> pompous defence of the industry's hurt feelings !!

Cooper is playing with something I think has to do with the changes in low
frequency sound waves in a building when a door or window is opened.
It had a legitimate beginning way back in the 70s methinks but it never
seemed
to catch on, maybe it doesn't work,  I thought it held a lot of promise.
Unless you have one and confirmit doesn't work, "scammer" is a pretty strong
accusation.
Paul is on a mission, he went away when he got bored. Many of us popped
up to ensure readers weren't duped, in fact, do you recall who led the
charge?
And finally, I, for one, appreciate his pompous defense of the industry.
It sounds like he is proud of his work and his chosen trade, what exactly
is wrong with that?

> As I said to Frank, to keep peace, I'll tone it down, if for no other
reason
> than to spare the group your banal tirades...

By all means, Bob, tone it down. But not to spare us his tirades, I enjoy
them.
The man has a gift, maybe he was Navy or Army back there somewhere. I always
know EXACTLY what's on his mind or how he feels. And my vocabulary has
improved too. Do it because he's right. You can tell folks how you run your
business
but no need to denigrate others who don't see things your way.

So there. Put that in your pipe and smoke it.