Re: Honeywell 60 / DSC PC1550

Mark ,I guess that is a matter of perspective. I had a customer a while ago
call me up to do nothing more than upgrade his old DSC 1500. He wanted a new
Spectra with the high end LCD keypad, but had no other obvious reasons for
doing so. When  I told him his old equipment was perfectly OK for it's
intended purpose, he said to me...."hey, I upgrade my cars, my stereo, my
computers...why wouldn't I upgrade my alarm system; it's just as
important"....After endless customers trying to get something for nothing,
or only willing to spend the minimum, it's refreshing to see someone with a
more realistic viewpoint !

And here's a thought for you ! Perhaps our industry is part of the problem,
with everyone trying to do the most for the least, and in the process,
perhaps cheapening the industry. Car salesmen "upsell" all the time;
computers have to be the "greatest and the newest" all the time, so along
comes a customer who actually WANTS to upgrade his equipment, and we
question it ??

Just another view of things....:))

RHC

http://www.polesoft.com/refer.html