Re: UL Required to get License

A previous poster asked:

>> A Florida building owner isn't allowed to inspect their own fire alarm system?

I responded:

> In at least some locations they are not...

> No body gives a rat's ass where equipment is purchased
as long as it was UL listed...

The point is the customer doesn't need to be UL listed to install *his
own* fire alarm system.  Since you're not UL listed (which is the
obvious reason you've got such a burr in your butt over this), that
puts my DIY clients ahead of you.  They can install their own system in
Miami yet you no longer can.  If that annoys you, perhaps you should
bring your company up to spec and get UL listed.  If you are unwilling
or (more likely) incapable of doing so, that is no one's problem but
your own.

> What has changed in Miami, is that now, that electrician cannot install that fire alarm system unless he is a UL listed installation company. He cannot even take it in for
permitting and plan review unless he is listed.

Yet the building owner can do so and save a bundle of money in the
process.  Isn't that nice?

Regards,
Robert L Bass
www.BassBurglarAlarms.com