Re: Remote install, no AC

Try 12 VDC to the AC and see if it works or not. Should not cause any
damage.

Also a car battery when charging will emit flammable gas, I think hydrogen.
So be sure to install battery outside in a well ventilated area and away
from anything which would spark. Place warning signs around this area (CYA)
No smoking, no sparks, flammable, etc. I would imagine that they would be
working when the battery is charging (day time).

More info
http://www.batterystuff.com/tutorial_battery.html