Re: Remote install, no AC

Crash Gordon wrote:
> Got a client that wants 10 construction storage trailers protected...no
> power anywhere nearby. I remember some discussions abt running panels by
> inputing DC to the AC power terms. I really don't wanna try frying a Vista
> 10P to see if it works or not.
>
> I guess they're thinking of wanting to run system off a truck battery for as
> long as it will last. I had mickey rigging stuff, so any suggestions??

"Mickey rigging" stuff is something we're all faced with at one time or
another if you've been in this trade for any length of time.  Running
any rectified alarm panel from a truck battery won't be a problem.
Please remember to disconnect it if you're going to start the truck.
You can reconnect it once it's running.  If you hook up a standard gell
cell to the battery terminals that battery will stay charged (though not
to full capacity) enough to run the system for an hour or two (depending
on the number of attached devices) in the absence of the primary power
source.