Re: why ground an alarm panel.

On 18 Dec 2005 18:17:54 -0800, robertlbass@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

>> What RLB described works great on paper and in theory, however, actually putting that scenario into practice is not feasable in 99% of installations.
>
>It would be nice if you actually knew what you're talking about,
>Cracker.  What I spoke about -- bonded ground -- is the standard method
>of protecting electronics from lightning damage.  It is well-documented
>online and in print.  Not only that, but code describes the practice as
>well.

Hey Porkie, if I wanted to hear an asshole talk -- I'd fart.

As usual you missed my point.  I said making a proper BONDED ground
10' from the panel as you described is simply not feasible.  I don't
plan my installations around a fucking ground wire, therefore they
don't get grounded if it can't be done correctly.  Since you don't
install sytems you really shouldn't give wothless advice out to those
who do.