Re: CCTV Cameras

<cctvbahamas@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:1125280470.895684.284300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Why would I use IP when I use twisted pair gear like NVT and Nitek, and
> use Amplified Gear, which tie right into my rack mount DVR servers.

I can send a Network camera over 5,000 feet with a single pair as well.
Except instead of just one camera at the end I could put five or six
cameras.

> They come in expandable rack mount gear for 100% flexebility.

Same with IP, only you don't have the same flexibility, you have distance
limits, and a closed circuit.

 >And then I get real high crisp quality.

The quality over IP is as good, if not better than a conventional camera.

 DVRs are expanable simply by adding more
> cards.

Our DVR can record up to 50 cameras at a time, with no Capture Cards.

 With the current IP technology DVRs will not get replaced. We
> also use Network software that can view thousands of DVRs and cameras,
> and record remotely if needed, with still having a DVR at the location
> which is recording in high quality.

We can do the same with both audio and video over IP.

 >Also we can view IP cameras if we
> need to.
>
> Wireless should always be used as a last resort, for any application.
> Wired will always be more reliable, especially with video.

Wireless bridging will become faster and faster as time goes on. It is as
reliable as wired, without the expensive costs of trenching, and a labor
intensive/expensive install.