Re: Wireless receiver - computer problem?

> Russell Brill wrote:
>> "Robertm" <Respond@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>> >
>> > "Crash Gordon" <webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>> >>
>> > Yep, I was just having a little fun there. Sometimes I get bored with
>> > all
>> > the Bass stuff and begin reflecting on some of the other interesting
>> > characters.
>> >
>> > Bob
>> >

>> The whole "Bass" thing is like watching reruns of I Love Lucy day & night
>> for a year...... I used to chuckle at some of it, but the attacks and his
>> We're
>> all stupid, he's the smartest guy when it comes to alarms, cctv,
>> intercoms,
>> etc. etc.. The response to that, "You're a liar, a cheat, a convicted
>> felon". Funny thing about it all, Bass is an online retailer, not a
>> Security
>> Contractor... It doesn't matter if he's a felon, he's just a retailer...
>> Again, that's spelled "RETAILER", A.K.A. Sales Clerk... He's NO threat to
>> legitimate Security Contractors, none of us would want any of his
>> customers,
>> nor would they want us to do any work for them...
>

> If your think that anyone here, who admonishes Fat Ass, does so because
> of any "threat" of business usurpation, you missed seeing the forest
> because of the trees.

I know about the other crap too...... Bass is a professional "Agitator", I
knew a few back in my CB radio days, those guys loved to tear up a channel
for hours each night... When he says things like "any monkey can install an
alarm", he's pushing buttons (A.K.A. dropped the hook in the water) and
waiting for a response with a grin on his face... A couple of minutes will
pass before the first "F**K you (A.K.A. Bite) comes in... ahhhhhhhhhhh
satisfaction is achieved after he gets another persons goat....... Need I
say anymore?

>>I feel sorry for him in a
>> way, I tried the online sales thing myself... My God, providing tech
>> support
>> to the diy clowns was awful, at times it was like try to explain the
>> color
>> red to the blind... When it comes to tech support, Mr. Bass is either
>> very
>> patient, or he doesn't answer the phone much... I don't waste my time
>> providing FREE advice anymore, I can't afford it... In case you diy's
>> haven't noticed, gas is up to $2.79 a gallon in my area... FREE don't
>> fill
>> the tank or my pocket, if you want help programming your DIY system, come
>> paint my kitchen first and do a little yard work, then I'll be more than
>> happy to help you out.......... Uh, on second thought, can you just come
>> by
>> and paint the kitchen for FREE :-)) Thanks in advance.......
>
> Does that mean that you wouldn't give help to a DIY'er who came to this
> forum for advice?

I used to, but I've gotten tired of giving free advice to people that seem
to expect it... The whole "I bought this system from ABC electronics and
need help installing it" scenario is really old... I wish they'd call the
company they purchased the system from... Why should any of us provide free
tech support for online dealers that don't answer the telephone?