Re: Next Alarm

> VoIP will never replace a POTS line...

For a growing number of business and residential users it already
has.  What you fail to understand is that (1) VoIP is a much more
economical telecom solution than POTS; (2) alarm companies don't
even have much influence, let alone control of what the telco's
do; (3) there's a growing public interest in VoIP solutions.
What all this means is that over the next few years we'll see
more use of VoIP and less POTS.  IMO within 5-10 years there will
be fewer POTS lines than VoIP.

> Canada has the largest per capita ratio of...

As lovely a place as Canada is, it is not now and never has been
a leader in electronic communications.

> internet users of any country (even Belgium)...

Perhaps, but have you tried some of their wireless headsets?  :^)

> but most alarmco's here won't use high speed
> internet as the primary means of communication...

The same is true in the US... for the time being.  You don't
remember it but the same thing was said about digital
communicators when the standard was leased lines.  These days,
with the exception of banks and such, you hardly ever see a
leased line on a commercial establishment and they're all but
completely gone from residential systems.

Regards,
Robert L Bass
www.BassBurglarlarms.com

--