Re: Wireless receiver - computer problem?

"Robertm" <Respond@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

> "Russell Brill" <russwbrill@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>>
>> "Robertm" <Respond@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>>>
>>> "Russell Brill" <russwbrill@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

>>> What is the danger in buying from a retailer? I've gotten ripped off by
>>> more contractors at my home than by retailers who sold me merchandise
>>> that I installed myself. The licensed plumber with the leaky pipes that
>>> ruined the carpet, the roofing guy who didn't know how to install
>>> roofing, the concrete people who didn't understand plumb, level, square.
>>> I don't know where you live, but in rural Tennessee they have a
>>> completely different definition of what a professional is. After a
>>> professional leaves, the homeowner must then repair what wasn't broken
>>> before.
>>>
>>> Bob
>>>
>> In California your Plumber would be in HOT water if you complained to the
>> Contractors State License Board (A.K.A. CSLB)... CSLB would even
>> arbitrate the case on your behalf if it had merit... However, if I (a
>> California resident) buy something from one of the contractors in
>> Tennessee and I get burned, CSLB can't do anything for me... So it's much
>> better for a California resident to do business with a CA
>> company/contractor because of the legal protections that are available to
>> the CA consumer... Sorry to hear about the lack of protections for
>> Tennessee consumers........ Regards, Russ
> In Tennessee the board will take action only if the price of the job is
> over $25,000. So licensing here is pretty much a joke, except maybe that
> it looks good in the Yellow Pages. License to steal? As you might imagine,
> the contractors take advantage of this.
>
> Bob

Hmmm....... Makes me wonder if they have to have a license for jobs under
$25,000... In California you don't need a license for jobs under $500,
unless you're a security contractor... Security contractors must be licensed
to do contracting at any price.... Regards, Russ