Re: Smoke detector question

Crash Gordon wrote:
> I don't put smokes in kitchens or in family rooms that have fireplaces. I'll
> use a rate of rise heat  instead - I'll put a smoke just outside the kitchen
> but not in it...each app. is different.
>
> The 15P can use 2 or 4 wire smokes...use the 2 wire ones that way you don't
> have to muck around with power supervision relays...and of course you will
> use fire-rated wire.
>

> "Robertm" <Respond@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>
>>I currently have stand alone battery smoke detectors and I'm going to be
>>adding fire protection to my Vista 15P. The battery operated smoke detector
>>I'm using in the kitchen now occasionally sounds when cooking so I pull the
>>battery and put it back in later. How does one get around this problem with
>>it integrated into a monitored alarm system? I don't want the fire
>>department showing up here every time I fry bacon. Use a rate of rise
>>instead of a smoke? Don't put a detector in the kitchen? Is there a way to
>>disable protection for an hour in that zone?
>>
>>Bob

Hey Crash,
THANK YOU for informing him about using fire rated wire!!!!!!!!!!!
Out here on Long Island , I'm doing a 1.5 Mil house and right NEXT DOOR
(same design house ) is a semi large LI Company who shall remain
nameless (located in Holbrook, and the "specialize" in Audio) who has
prewired ALL the smokes and heats with 22/4 quad wire! Licensing MEANS
nothing! EDUCATION is a MUST. (and he's not even an electrician BUT his
chief installer/partner worked as a counter jerk for ADI for years!
Guess he learned NOTHING!
Mike Sokoly
MES Security Systems