mdadnWVXF6vNjHPfRVn-iQ@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

> "J. Sloud" <jsloud@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>> On Sun, 31 Jul 2005 21:32:51 -0400, "Jackcsg" <nospam@xxxxxxxxxx>
>> wrote:
>>

>> >The US Holocaust building has them all over the place. I used to change
> out
>> >2 or three a year do to failures. Their junk IMO, and I would never
>> >delay
>> >egress for any reason. But hey, where would we all be without some
> wonderful
>> >engineers sitting behind a desk.
>>
>> How about this scenario:  You've got an airport terminal that has
>> access controlled doors that open outside to the tarmac.  Normally,
>> only authorized employees are allowed access  through these doors
>> using a SIDA badge.  However, in the event of an emergency, these
>> doors must be used for egress by the general public.  What do you do?
>> Without delayed egress, you could have a situation where someone pulls
>> your emergency egress devices and waltzes out onto an airport runway.
>> The delayed egress is tied into the airport security and CCTV systems
>> to notify security and swing a PTZ around to view/ record whats going
>> on, and allows them 15 seconds to at see who's about to go through
>> that door.  That's where these locks have there place.
>
> I wouldn't allow egress on to a Tarmac for the general public. That would
> be
> like a rear exit door 50' above a lake....hope you can swim....Again, the
> codes are there for some guidelines. I enjoy being liable for my actions,
> most companies are afraid of being held accountable.

Sorry to disturb you in your little world of magic where there is an exit
door close enough any where in an airport that will never lead to the
tarmac,
but in the real world Architect and engineer have to supply by code some way
of exiting a building in case of emergency..and the door cannot be place
more then given length(depend of your the code,don't know what it is in the
state,and it could be even lower then the federal code,if the state itself
stated as so..)(same here in Canada)

that lead to doors that need to be opened in case of emergency to ANY part
around an airport...

that You decide you would not leave people go out in any case is NO revelent
here...

it is a fact and you would HAVE to do deal with it..

stop dodging the real world..I am really wondering if you really know what
you are talking about..

About the locknetics maglocks..you are right they are not very good..
they need to be powered by the exact voltage they were designed for..putting
just 3 volts over will kill the device in a few months..