Re: Electric Lock choice

"petem" <petem001@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:%9xHe.50768$Dw5.779203@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

> Sorry to disturb you in your little world of magic....

My world of magic? The point is EVERY scenario is different. Every Engineer
will interpret things a little differently, and differently depending on
what Codes they follow at any given time.

> where there is an exit
> door close enough any where in an airport that will never lead to the
> tarmac,
> but in the real world Architect and engineer have to supply by code some
way
> of exiting a building in case of emergency..and the door cannot be place
> more then given length(depend of your the code,don't know what it is in
the
> state,and it could be even lower then the federal code,if the state itself
> stated as so..)(same here in Canada)

I understand what you're saying, most emergency exits in Airports aren't
designed to exit you onto a Tarmac, or exit way. The design, (Older Designs)
may have had no choice, and or may or may not meet (under curent codes)
their function. I'm not arguing that it doesn't happen.

> that lead to doors that need to be opened in case of emergency to ANY part
> around an airport...
>
> that You decide you would not leave people go out in any case is NO
revelent
> here...

That's not what I ever said. I said, depending on the circumstance, it could
be as worse as keeping them inside.

> it is a fact and you would HAVE to do deal with it..

No shit. Codes are guidelines, I deal with them every day.

> stop dodging the real world..I am really wondering if you really know what
> you are talking about.

Stop dodging the real world? Is that the standard answer of a Canadian who
does? Kind of contridictive don't you think?

> About the locknetics maglocks..you are right they are not very good..
> they need to be powered by the exact voltage they were designed
for..putting
> just 3 volts over will kill the device in a few months..

I wouldn't ever trust, nor would I ever install a delayed egress maglock.
Good for you those who do....have fun with it.