Re: Electric Lock choice

On Sun, 31 Jul 2005 21:32:51 -0400, "Jackcsg" <nospam@xxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

>The US Holocaust building has them all over the place. I used to change out
>2 or three a year do to failures. Their junk IMO, and I would never delay
>egress for any reason. But hey, where would we all be without some wonderful
>engineers sitting behind a desk.

How about this scenario:  You've got an airport terminal that has
access controlled doors that open outside to the tarmac.  Normally,
only authorized employees are allowed access  through these doors
using a SIDA badge.  However, in the event of an emergency, these
doors must be used for egress by the general public.  What do you do?
Without delayed egress, you could have a situation where someone pulls
your emergency egress devices and waltzes out onto an airport runway.
The delayed egress is tied into the airport security and CCTV systems
to notify security and swing a PTZ around to view/ record whats going
on, and allows them 15 seconds to at see who's about to go through
that door.  That's where these locks have there place.