Re: Electric Lock choice

<bhnjr@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:1122866633.305562.49880@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> So, back to the original post:  We have double doors, meeting in the
> center of the opening, without a center post.  So if I don't use mag
> locks, what type of lock would be my best choice?  I would like to use
> a good quality strike (such as the securitron Unlatch motorized strike)
>  but again, there is not a center post.  The two doors meet at the
> center of the opening, and actually touch each other with their felt
> weather strips.  Your input will be most appreciated.  Thanks again . .
> .
I can tell you how I would propose it. With Maglocks. I would either use 2
Advanced Signal L-1000 (1000lbs holding), one on each door, or an optional
DBL-1000 (Double Mag). If this door is a public access door, (which I assume
it is) you'll probably have it unlocked during public hours. After hours
when the door locks I'd have both an REX Motion and a push button located
near the door. After a time when no one is in the building (9,10,11,12pm), I
would shunt the REX motion so that only the REX push button would work
(prior knowledge). I'd place an STI 2400 Pull station in series with the
Maglock Power (for door release), and tie in the other Pole of the Pull
Station to a Monitored zone on an/or the Alarm Panel. Tie in the Control
(interface it with the FACP) for fire release. I'd also have a glass break
detector in the area, protecting the glass. Then of course, on my
installation, it would have a Network Camera close by for video
verification, and be monitored over the Internet. I'd receive door alarms in
50-70 mille-seconds, and be looking at live video within 3 seconds of the
event.....and you would never have any false alarms. That's just me though.
You still have a 2% chance of doing it right any other way.