Re: pulling out a pyrotronix/cerbanus panel adressable

"Frank Olson" <feolson@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

> "Jackcsg" <nospam@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> > Please....do us a favor and put that sucker in the trash can....
>

> Already done!!!  Worst system I've ever worked on.  Everything is
> proprietory.  The customer's basically "locked in" to using Pyro for
service
> and maintenance issues.  You even need a special programmer to set up any
> field device that needs replacing.  At least with Edwards SIGA line you
can
> access parts from a number of different wholesalers and just "plug 'em
> in"...

I was asked to service an older System3 up in Hudson, NY in an old Hotel. I
told the owner he'd be better off getting rid of it instead of wasting time
and money trying to fix all the problems. I gave him a price to swap it out.
He called Sonitrol in for week to see if they could fix it....needless to
say I was out there a week later replacing everything, and repairing wiring.
Good God their junk. The Government loves them POS though. The army uses it
religiously.