seeking Xanboo software, model xbx105

Apparently, its true, "You get what you pay for."

I had a cold call regarding  twelve Xanboo camera/security systems that
have been  installed at a seniors condo project.   The original contractor
has disappeared, and the clients have been left without software or support.
Apparently Xanboo has been sold to Motorolla, and no longer supports the
product.

Does anyone have this software available?  I realise it  will no longer be
useful for internet monitoring, but I would like to try and manipulate it so
the customer can remotely VNC in to a local PC for control.

Im working hard to provide a solution, as these people paid over $1,200 cdn
ea for these "Fisher Price toys,"  plus 10.00/month for monitoring,  and it
has been reduced to junk after just 18 months.

Sorry about the large file size, but heres the result of corresponding with
Xanboo and Motorolla.  They've basically submitted to the fact that the
product is now useless, but, they would gladly sell me a completely new
system.

>>>Dear John,
Greetings from Xanboo Client Services.

In accordance to the announcement made in the email we sent to all
Xanboo.com customer's in February, we have discontinued the service for
Xanboo.com all account's in order to allow for installation and testing of
our new HomeGenie service. The new HomeGenie service is designed to work in
conjunction with the Motorola Home Monitoring system. Please note that the
XSK205 USB version of the Xanboo system is no longer available for purchase
and is no longer supported.

Additionally, as the Xanboo system was not designed to be used without a
website account, the need for the software to communicate with our servers
cannot be bypassed, even if you are not planning on using your system with a
website account. As a result, the discontinuation of the Xanboo.com service
will also prevent the installation of the original Xanboo software from
being completed.

The Motorola Home Monitoring system was designed to run as a local only
solution, and does not require a monthly subscription. Captured images and
video clips can be saved directly to your PC's hard drive and viewed through
the archive on the Motorola Home Monitoring system's software interface.
Even without a remote access account, if you have a broadband internet
connection you may also configure your system to send email notifications
when a sensor has been triggered with the corresponding still image or video
from your camera as an attachment.

Additionally, services to provide full remote access through the HomeGenie
service will be available in late Summer 2005. You will find a copy of our
recent promotional email regarding the Motorola Home Monitoring system & the
new HomeGenie remote service at the bottom of this email. Please feel free
to take advantage of this offer. If you choose to take advantage of this
offer please contact us via telephone at (877) 926 2661 during our hours of
operation, Monday - Friday 9am - 5pm EST so that we may set up your free
account.

For more information and to purchase the Motorola Home Monitoring system,
please visit:

http://broadband.motorola.com/consumers/home_monitoring.asp

We have also designed approximately ten new devices that will soon be
supported by the Motorola Home Monitoring system, including, wall switches,
wireless signal repeaters, garage door controls, lamp dimmers, and audio
sirens.

Please note that the wired camera's from your original Xanboo system
compatible with the Motorola Home Monitoring system.

If you have any questions please feel free to contact us at (877) 926 2661
during our hours of operation, Monday - Friday 9am - 5pm EST.

Sincerely,

Xanboo Client Services

www.xanboo.com

Be There. Even When You're Not.>>>>

Dear Xanboo Subscriber,

We are pleased to announce that the second generation of Xanboo remote
service will become available in Summer, 2005. It is called HomeGenie, and
is much more advanced than the service you are currently using.  The
HomeGenie service comes with, I am confident you will agree, many more
useful and easy to operate features and functions. Monthly service fee for
HomeGenie will be $12.95.

For hardware, users of the HomeGenie service will need the Motorola Home
Monitoring System, a platform that builds upon Xanboo technology that can
otherwise be used as a stand-alone locally used system with no remote access
and no monthly service fee. Soon to be available accessories include many
new and very useful devices such as a wide range of wireless and wired
cameras, repeaters, a new on/off power controller, garage door controller,
and audio sirens to name a few.

Suggested retail price for The Motorola Home Monitoring System is $279.95
(prior to any rebates), and it is currently available at CompUSA, Fry's,
select Radio Shack stores, Amazon.com, Wal-Mart.com, Target.com and at:

http://commerce.motorola.com/consumer/QWhtml/broadband_cat.html

Please note that, from time to time, Motorola offers rebates depending upon
the product assortment purchased. For additional information on the Motorola
Home Monitoring System, please visit:

http://broadband.motorola.com/consumers/home_monitoring.asp

The wired cameras being used with your current system are fully compatible
with the Motorola Home Monitoring System and Xanboo's new HomeGenie service
but all other devices, such as the existing controller and sensors, are not.
Because of this, it will unfortunately be necessary for you to incur some
additional financial expense if you wish to continue with your Xanboo
service.

 However, to help compensate for this, Xanboo is pleased to make the
following offer:

Return to Xanboo the controller from your existing system (just the part
that plugs into your computer), together with proof of purchase of the
Motorola Home Monitoring System (a copy of the portion of the box containing
the Motorola name and the UPC code plus a copy of the sales slip), and we
will send to you, free of charge, two (2) on/off power controllers (a
$119.98 value). You will also receive eight (8) free months of service (a
$103.60 value). Return merchandise and proof of purchase should be sent to
Xanboo Inc, 115 West 30th Street, 6th floor, New York, NY, 10001, Attn:
HomeGenie.

This represents an overall value of $223.58, which you will receive, free of
charge.

If you would like more details regarding this offer, please contact us at
homegenieoffer@xxxxxxxxxxx

We value your business greatly and your satisfaction with our service is our
primary concern. We sincerely apologize for the disruption this service
changeover may create and we hope you will agree that our second-generation
product was worth the inconvenience.

We thank you again for your continued support and we hope that our
relationship will continue well into the future.

Sincerely,

Bill Diamond