Re: Newbie help - Caddx NX8e fire alarm reset

Wambro <wambro01@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> I also measured the resistance across the smoke loop when disconnected
> from the panel but powered by the AC.  I got 2.2K Ohm.  Js indicated it
> needs to be 3.3K Ohm - will the panel still see termination with 2.2K?
> This is clearly the value of the Napco FT2200 EOL relay I used.  Will
> the Caddx work with this resistance, and if not, can I drop a 1K
> resistor in parallel across the terminals to make up the difference?

The eol relay is supposed to simply open the loop if power to the smoke
detectors fails. The Napco model sounds like it has a built-in eol resistor
as well. Caddx panels use 3.3k resistors on the zones. Adding a resistor
might work, but I would get a new eol relay without any resistor and then
add the 3.3 at the eol relay. Do not place any resistor at the panel
terminals.
js