Re: Dialer w/Cell Fone

Sir, you could not be more correct !!  I dare say, your physical security
(besides being your first line of defence), is also probably your most
important line of defence, alarm or not. I may run against the grain of this
newsgroup by saying so, but alarms IMO have two important attributes...they
act as a first line of deterrence by simply announcing their presence, and
secondly, limiting the time that the thief has to rummage in the home once
he is in. But in my experience, if you also spend money on physically making
it much more difficult to penetrate the perimeter to start with, you usually
won't end up getting broken into at all (alarm or not...).

Talk to police agencies, or talk to professional security consultants and
they'll tell you the same thing. Talk to us in the alarm industry, and
you'll hear various answers from the truth all the way up to the bizarre.
There's no RMR in locks, bars or other physical devices, so many
conveniently forget these things in the almighty quest for long term
monitoring contracts.

R.H.Campbell
Home Security Metal Products
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada