Re: Wireless Motion Detector Recommendations...

Welp at least  you're learning sumpin'

Does the Caddx NX8E have "cross-zoning"? (I don't use that product).
If it does you can have two cheap pirs looking at the same area and =
cross-zone them (its a programming thing)...so it would take BOTH of =
them tripping within a settable time period...like 10-20 =
seconds...something like that...before get an actual alarm trip.

I seriously doubt you will get the filtering idea to work.

Good exterior dual beam motions cost more than 100 bucks though :-)

Good luck..keep us posted...sounds like a fun project.

"CatMan" <liberaltrash@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message =
>=20
> "Crash Gordon=AE" <NONE@xxxxxxxx> wrote in message=20
> >How are you dealing with; birds, cats, crawly thingies, tree branches =
that=20
> >are heated by the sun, reflections from objects nearby...etc.
>=20
> Thanks for the response Crash. You really hit the nail on the head =
here as I=20
> presume it is the heat and IR/UV lights that are triggering my =
falsing. I=20
> need to state here I am not an alarm professional like you guys. I did =

> install a Caddx NX8E and all wireless door/window sensors and two =
smokes and=20
> have all of it iterfaced to my Stargate. I did all of the programming =
also=20
> but need some help from you guys here. Anyhow, the critters do trigger =
the=20
> PIR's - especially the cats and raccoons.
>=20
> >Instead of dumbing-down stuff that is cheap or not designed for the =
job,=20
> >why not buy detectors that are specifically designed for exterior?
>=20
> Again, you are correct it is just that I didn't want to spend 100 =
bucks X 6=20
> for my outdoor PIR's. I had been looking at pet immune IR/Wireless =
detectors=20
> but they were too expensive. Therefore, I was trying to do the =
hobbiest=20
> thing and try to filter the IR/UV to see if that helps. You know how=20
> hobbiests are? Duct tape, some wire and a glue gun we can get anything =
to=20
> work.
>=20
> >btw, the Hawkeye says it's indoor only, the EagleEye is outdoor, but =
to=20
> >expect a 25 $ (the EagelEye) pir to perform well outside is being =
very=20
> >optimistic.
>=20
> I mis-typed that with my earlier post. I have the grey outdoor Eagle =
Eye=20