Re: Wireless Motion Detector Recommendations...

Very good response rabsparks. I have a question: As a consultant, have you
ever come across the requirement to filter or de-sensitize a PIR? Reason I
ask is I am using a combination of Visonic PIR's and X10 MS13A's. I know, I
know - the X10 stuff is you get what you pay for. However, by
experimentation with mounting/aiming them, they have become fairly accurate.
The X-10 and Visonic PIR's do false on bright sunny days even though I have
them mounted under eves. I am fairly sure some of the problem is UV light
that may be setting them off. I have used tape to block part of the lens'
coverage but that didn't really work. I have read somewhere that people have
used some type of filter material that either passes only IR light or
filters out UV light. DO you think this would be possible?

I found a few photography web sites that discuss creating an IR passing
filter using un-exposed developed IR film. I have not tried this yet but
plan to do. I also found a web site that sells UV filter material made from
clear colorless polyester film. DO you think this may work? Maybe using just
common window tinting material may work.

Ideas?

Comments?

Thanks!