XPSS Question

I have recently installed an XPSS/XPS3 combination for my interior
garage lights. Among the myriad of questions/issues I have been having,
I note the following which is not really that important but still a mystery:

When I turn on the lights via either the XPS3 master switch or the XPSS
slave switch, I see an LED light up on the XPS3. However, although there
seems to be a similar LED in the XPSS, I never see it come on. Other
than this (and the occasional automatic lights turning off) the switches
seem to be working correctly.

Does this indicate that I hosed-up the wiring? Or is that not really an
LED in the XPSS (the manual
<http://www.smarthome.com/manuals/2208ph.pdf> implies that it is)? Or is
it just that the LED in the XPSS is not working?

Thanks