Re: XPS3 Strangeness

Do you have a coupler or repeater installed in the breaker panel or
nearby? Without at least  a coupler you cannot expect reliable
operation.  Best Bet (by far): buy and install an XTB-IIR from Jeff Volp
http://jeffvolp.home.att.net/xtb_files.htm. It is by far the best X10
problem solver available.  Second Choice and not nearly as good: Get a
plug in BoosterLinc from www.smarthome.com that plugs into your 220v
dryer outlet.