XPS3 Strangeness

I have recently installed two XPS3 switches. One - inside my garage -
has a XPSS (WS14A) companion installed and controls my interior garage
lights (both incandescent and fluorescent). The other is stand-alone and
controls the lights on the garage's exterior (incandescent only).

I also have a mini controller (MC460) plugged into an outlet inside the
garage in a location where there are no switches so I can operate both
interior and exterior lights.

Finally, I have my computer connected to a CM11A running ActiveHome
(1.3x). I am using this only for test purposes right now.

So here are the issues:

(a) It seems that the mini controller can ALWAYS turn the interior
lights on (B5) but it has difficulty turning them off sometimes. When
this happens, repeated attempts sometimes work - but not always.

(b) I find the same as (a) when using ActiveHome and the CM11A to
control the interior garage lights (B5).

(c) Neither the mini controller or CM11A seem to have any problems with
the stand-alone XPS3 for the exterior lights (B6). They appear to go
on/off first time, every time.

(d) I have also noted that the interior garage lights sometimes (while I
was in the garage) turn themselves off. This auto-off thing is rare but
it has happened twice that I have noticed (maybe more not noticed).

My first thought is that the interior XPS3 is faulty (or maybe the
companion) since the controller issue seems limited to that switch AND
because that switch does the weird auto-off thing. But the interior
lights ALWAYS seem to respond when either the XPS3 or XPSS is pressed
directly an the controllers always are able to turn them on. So I am not
really sure I can blame them.

That would seem to saddle the problem with the controllers. But I'd
think it very unlikely that BOTH controllers are somehow bad. And they
both work fine on the exterior lights (and other devices). Plus, they do
turn the interior lights ON first time, every time.

Any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks