Re: Help with 7 Circuit Project?

The average time it takes for X-10 Extended code (Leviton, PCS, Smarthome
and Others), or X-10 Compose (Lightolier only)take 3/4ths of a second.  The
basic X-10 code is shorter, I have never heard it being that short.

Radio RA was amazingly slow (relative to powerline carrier)  of course all
of this, you really only notice the delay when performing macros or stacking
commands.  Of course in all the technologies they have implemented scenes or
groups to affect many switches at once.  Lutron has repeater required every
30ft (may be 60ft after that  because they claim a 30ft radius) to ensure
every switch gets a signal.  Other reason Radio Ra is slow is the signal
must make a round trip, and delays sequential commands.

What the term "Professional" refers to in the industry are products like
Leviton DHC, Smarthome, Lightolier, and other higher end X-10 products.
These products have additional circuitry in them to make them more robust,
and more reliable.  They always require a neutral (with one exception
Leviton has one DHC switch that does not require the neutral).  They
typically carry a 2 year warranty, and have better support.  They are better
choice for installers who have to deal with the call backs for customer
support.

--
Brett Griffin, Home Technology Consultant

Architechtronics, Inc.
get to know home technologyT
p. (610) 825.7018 f (215) 827.5484

*top 10 reasons to use Architechtronics for your next project
http://www.architechtronics.com/top10.html

**keep up on cutting-edge technology... join "the EDGE" for free at
http://www.architechtronics.com/edge.html