Re: Insteon vs UPB for a high end X10 retrofit

I have not got my hands on Insteon, yet.

UPB does require a neutral.

The Simply Automated Switches (UPB) are beautiful switches.  I have
preferred Leviton in the past, but SA has surpassed the pleasure of
Leviton.. I like the feel of the SA UPB switches, the on and off are more
tactile giving better feedback.  I have not heard of UPB issues yet.  I know
Insteon has X-10 compatibility, but no HA controller to my knowledge
supports the technology (except via X-10)  UPB has 5 years in install time,
18 months of retail installs.

--
Brett Griffin, Technology Consultant
Architechtronics, Inc.

*Home of "fidoh" for HAI/OnQ/Aegis
http://www.architechtronics.com/products_software.html

**keep up on cutting-edge technology... join "the EDGE" for free at
http://www.architectronics.com/edge.html