X10 vs X10 PRO

I will be moving in a few weeks, and want to do quite a bit of automation in
my new house.  I have already built a dedicated server for HAL2000, which is
ready to go,  and also plan to use Ocelots for a fair amount of sensing and
control.

In my current townhouse, I have some basic X10 devices (lamps and wall
switches), and the performance has been good, but not great.  I have seen
the "X10 PRO" devices now being sold - are they really better than the
standard X10 on false signals, reliability etc?

I know UPB is better, but at prices between $70-$150 per device, that just
seems like a lot for all I want to do.

Thanks!