Re: Re: xPL newbie (still!) needs help with xPL_HomeVision (detecting variable chang

Hi Frank,

When I press the button, the LED changes colour (Green->Yellow->Red)
every ~0.4 seconds until the button is released. The colour of the LED
indicates how long the immersion will be switched on for (Green=5
mins, Yellow=15 mins, Red=45 mins).

As with anything in HV, of course there are other ways to do what I'm
doing but I don't fancy having to change too much of my schedule so
that I can "watch" a single variable. The easist fix in the
meantime
is to disable variable reporting and to create a dummy periodic event
and fire that only when the variable I'm interested in changes (as HV
automatically reports periodic events and there's no overhead of
xPL_HomeVision having to query HV).

I'll let you know what Steve says regarding my proposed suggestion.

Thanks,
Andy.