Re: Re: Serial protocol questions

Hi Ben
The protocol looks fine to me....
As an example if i wanted to send a message to my osd device...Below is the
message
The target= section would be i assume in an rs485 setup be like this

neil.rs485.instance (bedroom_lcd) example

..................the instance is a friendly name for the node  which could
be node 20 on the rs485 network so i assume the master would have to keep a
name table which can be updated.. so each time a message is received with
an
instance of bedroom_lcd the master would send it to node 20...
Hope that makes sense...
Frank

xpl-cmnd
{