Re: Re: Serial protocol questions

Here is what I was thinking. Give me your thoughts. This does not address
the Master-->XPL conversion.

System Layout:

RS232āDedicated MasterāRS485āSlave

Protocol RS232āMaster:

<Slave Addr><Length><Command><Data.><Chk Sum>

Slave Addr = Slave Address 1-255 (0 = All devices)

Length = Message Length including from Slave Addr to Check Sum (4-255
bytes)

Command = Single byte control messages (1 byte)

Data = The actual Data to be processed by Slave (Variable Length)

Chk Sum = Check sum this is a byte add of string (1 byte)

Master RS485āSlaves

<STX><Slave
Addr><Length><Command><Data.><Chk
Sum><ETX>

STX = Start byte (02)

Slave Addr = Slave Address 1-255 (0 = All devices)

Length = Message Length including from Slave Addr to Check Sum (4-255
bytes)

Command = Single byte control messages (1 byte)

Data = The actual Data to be processed by Slave (Variable Length)

Chk Sum = Check sum this is a byte add of string (1 byte)

ETX = End or Terminator Byte (03)