Re: Strange Viewer issue

<james@xxxxxxx>
> wrote:
>

>>Bit of a wild guess here. I wonder if this may be down to a missing
>>chr(10) at the end of a message or maybe even a crlf in there
somewhere.
>>Once viewer has stored the message the terminator might be added
which
>>would allow sending?
>

> Because of the class I use to read in the data, xAPFramework-based
> applications don't particularly seem to care about how individual
> lines or indeed the end of the message are terminated. In fact I seem
> to recall I was even doing it incorrectly for a good while until you
> and/or Kevin noticed.
>
> It's one of the areas I'm not particularly strict on. So your
> hypothesis is indeed a possibility. My apps would certainly read in
> those messages and then send them back out correctly formatted with
> the appropriate CRLFs in play. This is because xFx cracks apart the
> messages that arrive when it validates them, and it reassembles the
> xAP message for output at the other end when you click the Resend
> button on Viewer.

To follow from this I remember when making the createxapmessage function
for use in homeseer scripts that it would add a chr(10) is missing at
the end and any crlf would be changed to chr(10). I noticed Kevin said
the homeseer script had no problems sending, so this could be a good
place to start looking

James