Re: Strange Viewer issue

On Wed, 02 Jun 2004 17:01:22 +0100, James Traynor <james@xxxxxxx>
wrote:

>Bit of a wild guess here. I wonder if this may be down to a missing
>chr(10) at the end of a message or maybe even a crlf in there
somewhere.
>Once viewer has stored the message the terminator might be added which
>would allow sending?

Because of the class I use to read in the data, xAPFramework-based
applications don't particularly seem to care about how individual
lines or indeed the end of the message are terminated. In fact I seem
to recall I was even doing it incorrectly for a good while until you
and/or Kevin noticed.

It's one of the areas I'm not particularly strict on. So your
hypothesis is indeed a possibility. My apps would certainly read in
those messages and then send them back out correctly formatted with
the appropriate CRLFs in play. This is because xFx cracks apart the
messages that arrive when it validates them, and it reassembles the
xAP message for output at the other end when you click the Resend
button on Viewer.

Stuart Booth <stuart@xxxxxxx>
xAPFramework.net - a xAP software development framework for .net

http://www.xapautomation.org/
     http://www.xapframework.net/