Re: Strange Viewer issue

Bit of a wild guess here. I wonder if this may be down to a missing
chr(10) at the end of a message or maybe even a crlf in there somewhere.
Once viewer has stored the message the terminator might be added which
would allow sending?

Only an idea

James

Kevin Hawkins wrote:
> 	I'm having a strange problem and we had something a little similar
> at UKHA2004.
>
>  - I have Viewer running in hub mode and the Homeseer beta. I have a
script
> that sends a class=message.display xAP message when something changes.
Sure
> enough when it does change I see the message appear in Viewers window
but it
> doesn't display on Watcher which is on another machine :-( - However
if I
> select the message and resend it from Viewer then it does appear in
Watcher
> on the other machine. What is different here ???
>
> 	I ran another copy of Viewer on the PC that also had Watcher (the
> remote PC) - it saw both messages OK - I have copied them at the end
of this
> message - so what was different ?? I wondered if Watcher was sensitive
> the order of parameters and that Viewers hub was shuffling them - so I
used
> another hub and it made no difference. I tried Patricks hub but it
picked up
> a 0.0.0.0 ethernet address - now that got me wondering - I have a
Firewire
> network port and the WiFi port on this machine showing in 'networks'.
But
> then I reasoned that Viewer on a remote machine saw both these
messages but
> Watcher only acted on one - consistently. Strange
>
> 	Now at UKHA when P sent a message from his machine to my Rabbit xAP
> controller it didn't action it - but on another intermediate machine
running
> Viewer where it did see the message if I resent it then worked -
stranger
> and stranger.... other people could send messages to the Rabbit OK.
>
> 	So last test - I copied the two messages below to individual .xap
> files and tried sending them from the machine where HomeSeer failed -
and
> both worked - so I'm not totally confused - anyone any thoughts ????
Could
> it be something to do with the interface or broadcast address that
HomeSeer
> is using or perhaps the ephemeral port its using ???
>

> 	Kevin
>
> PS Now even moe confusing - a sendhs.plugin("xAP
Conduit").sendxapdisplay
> call works OK directly from HS to Watcher but the one sent via the
template
> doesn't, only if resent via Viewer -  yet they both look correct in
Viewer -