Strange Viewer issue

  • Subject: Strange Viewer issue
  • From: "Kevin Hawkins" <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Jun 2004 04:06:49 +0100

I'm having a strange problem and we had something a little similar
at UKHA2004.

- I have Viewer running in hub mode and the Homeseer beta. I have a script
that sends a class=message.display xAP message when something changes. Sure
enough when it does change I see the message appear in Viewers window but
it
doesn't display on Watcher which is on another machine :-( - However if I
select the message and resend it from Viewer then it does appear in Watcher
on the other machine. What is different here ???

I ran another copy of Viewer on the PC that also had Watcher (the
remote PC) - it saw both messages OK - I have copied them at the end of
this
message - so what was different ?? I wondered if Watcher was sensitive to
the order of parameters and that Viewers hub was shuffling them - so I used
another hub and it made no difference. I tried Patricks hub but it picked
up
a 0.0.0.0 ethernet address - now that got me wondering - I have a Firewire
network port and the WiFi port on this machine showing in 'networks'. But
then I reasoned that Viewer on a remote machine saw both these messages but
Watcher only acted on one - consistently. Strange

Now at UKHA when P sent a message from his machine to my Rabbit xAP
controller it didn't action it - but on another intermediate machine
running
Viewer where it did see the message if I resent it then worked - stranger
and stranger.... other people could send messages to the Rabbit OK.

So last test - I copied the two messages below to individual .xap
files and tried sending them from the machine where HomeSeer failed - and
both worked - so I'm not totally confused - anyone any thoughts ???? Could
it be something to do with the interface or broadcast address that HomeSeer
is using or perhaps the ephemeral port its using ???

Kevin

PS Now even moe confusing - a sendhs.plugin("xAP
Conduit").sendxapdisplay
call works OK directly from HS to Watcher but the one sent via the template
doesn't, only if resent via Viewer -  yet they both look correct in Viewer
-
my head hurts off to bed

xap-header
{