Re: Topic 1: Base Level Status Schema

  • Subject: Re: Topic 1: Base Level Status Schema
  • From: Patrick Lidstone
  • Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2003 19:15:00 +0000

> And re Stuarts comment below - any feedback ? - I personally am
sort of
> against having multiple bodies as the way to do this mainly because
I am
> considering the size of the packets but maybe it's correct ??

Multiple bodies really doesn't have much to do with message size -
but it has a huge impact on the resuability and inheritability of
schemas. It provides a terrific, extensible, message structure, that
is really fundamental to the long term future of xAP. I know that
sounds over-dramatic, but it is true. It provides a mechanism whereby
we can add support for additional, completely new, functions later,
as devices arrive on the market, without compromising the message
structure of existing devices, and without requiring a huge effort in
terms of regressions testing.

My 2p

Patrick