Re: HELP! Getting started with CID

Hi Chuck,

For some reason the message I posted to the group just before this
has never arrived ...  Anyway... - just to mention  that you (almost
certainly) wont be able to use xAPTel with your modem for CID detection
- even by editing the modem settings file to appropriate values, however
you likely will be able to use the dialling features from xAP
Switchboard though.  The custom CID modem support was a speculative
feature but I have had no feedback from anyone until now that they would
use it , or the strings they needed supported so it wasn't finished.
There are virtually no UK modems with CID support which made it
difficult for me to develop and test and US ones don't work with UK
CallerID. . Most UK users have the Meteor units which have an extended
feature set including ONOFF hook detection and DTMF decoding allowing
for all incoming and outgoing calls to be monitored , including dialled
numbers.   A Pegasus unit, which is an enhanced Meteor adds support for
the automatic dialling too.

So hence the later message (below) to point you at some other xAP
CID applications that might work for you...

Kevin