RE: HELP! Getting started with CID

  • Subject: RE: HELP! Getting started with CID
  • From: "Paul Gale" <groups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2007 12:58:46 -0000

Kevin,

I've always planned on using Asterisk for my outgoing calling integration
but although the * box has been running here for over a year, I've never
got round to getting it properly sorted.

In the mean-time, are there any specific modems that work well with
outgoing dialling that you know of - or does anything work OK?

I'd be using one with a number of DECT phones linked to the line.

Cheers,

Paul.

Behalf Of Kevin Hawkins
> Sent: 17 January 2007 12:30
> To: xap_automation@xxxxxxx
> Subject: Re: [xap_automation] HELP! Getting started with CID
>
> Hi Chuck,
>
>     For some reason the message I posted to the group just before this
> has never arrived ...  Anyway... - just to mention  that you (almost
> certainly) wont be able to use xAPTel with your modem for CID
detection
> - even by editing the modem settings file to appropriate values,
however
> you likely will be able to use the dialling features from xAP
> Switchboard though.  The custom CID modem support was a speculative
> feature but I have had no feedback from anyone until now that they
would
> use it , or the strings they needed supported so it wasn't finished.
> There are virtually no UK modems with CID support which made it
> difficult for me to develop and test and US ones don't work with UK
> CallerID. . Most UK users have the Meteor units which have an extended
> feature set including ONOFF hook detection and DTMF decoding allowing
> for all incoming and outgoing calls to be monitored , including
dialled
> numbers.   A Pegasus unit, which is an enhanced Meteor adds support
for
> the automatic dialling too.
>
>     So hence the later message (below) to point you at some other xAP
> CID applications that might work for you...
>
>     Kevin
>

> Kevin Hawkins wrote:
> > This might help...
> >
> > Michael McSharry has a US Modem Caller ID application for xAP -
but it
> > is not one I have ever used and it may not be truly
interoperative with
> > xAP Switchboard...   see..
> >
> > http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=100028
> >
> > Glenn Sullivan has a xAP application written using xFX for the
> > NetCallerID device which I gather is very popular in the
USA...not sure