Re: Re: HELP! Getting started with CID

--------------000305040103010008050101

In xAPTel look in the Modems.txt file, you'll need to add a new one so
copy the pace one to a new line
Each modem has a line for a Pace it is
Pace,Solo,9600,n,8,1,+++,ATZ,AT+VCID=1,,,OK,NBR=,NAME=,END MSG
In your modem manual there may be some info on what commands it likes,
if not google will know
ATZ is nearly always standard so leave alone
AT+VCID=1  is the command to activate callerID recception.  This is
probably the one that needs changing and should be the the command that
returns a formatted message.
OK,NBR=,NAME=,END MSG  when a  modem announces a new call the lines of
data start with these. Probably these will be ok left alone.

All modems are a bit different, they are all based, in theory, on the
same commands but each have their own interpretations and modifications.

hth
James

cbass233 wrote:
> I downloaded xAPTel and it seems to install fine and run but I just
> figured out that my CID was turned off!  Argh.  Someone is trying to
> get me.  If I would like my modem supported what do I have to do to
> get the right modem config strings?
>
> Chuck
>
> http://www.mi4.biz/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=viewdownload&cid=15
>
>> xAPTel  which supports modems/meteor devices will do the trick
though.
>> I would say, that while some have reported reasonable success in
the UK
>> with USR/Pace modems  I've never found them 100%. A meteor
however,
>> budget allowing, is the device to look at.
>>

> Yahoo! Groups Links

--------------000305040103010008050101

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01
Transitional//EN">
<head>
http-equiv="Content-Type">
<title></title>
</head>

In xAPTel look in the Modems.txt file, you'll need to add a new one so
copy the pace one to a new line<br>
Each modem has a line for a Pace it is<br>
Pace,Solo,9600,n,8,1,+++,ATZ,AT+VCID=1,,,OK,NBR=,NAME=,END MSG<br>
In your modem manual there may be some info on what commands it likes,
if not google will know<br>
ATZ is nearly always standard so leave alone<br>
AT+VCID=1&nbsp; is the command to activate callerID
recception.&nbsp; This is
probably the one that needs changing and should be the the command that
returns a formatted message.<br>
OK,NBR=,NAME=,END MSG&nbsp; when a&nbsp; modem announces a new call
the lines of
data start with these. Probably these will be ok left alone.<br>
All modems are a bit different, they are all based, in theory, on the
same commands but each have their own interpretations and
modifications.<br>
hth<br>
James<br>
cbass233 wrote:
type="cite">
<pre wrap="">I downloaded xAPTel and it seems to install
fine and run but I just
figured out that my CID was turned off!  Argh.  Someone is trying to
get me.  If I would like my modem supported what do I have to do to
get the right modem config strings?

Chuck

<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www.mi4.biz/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=viewdownload&cid=15";>http://www.mi4.biz/modules.php?name=Downloads&amp;d_op=viewdownload&amp;cid=15</a>
</pre>
<pre wrap="">xAPTel  which supports modems/meteor devices