Re: Re: HELP! Getting started with CID

--------------000009020401050102070201

Thanks for info and the ms link, i'll get the msi tweak on the next
release but as you say it will continue to install fine if you click
ignore.
The xAP errors, i think, are just highlighting that the app isn't
starting so the xAP control isn't being setup.
ODBCCP32.dll, the cause of the error, should be a file included with the
OS. It certainly is in 2k,2k3 and XP. If you do a find files does the
dll actually exist?
On my xp and 2k3 machines it's in windows\system32

James
cbass233 wrote:
> I installed the mdac stuff and then reinstalled switchboard.  During
> the install I get an error 1904 that says the msado26.tlb field to
> register.  HRESULT = -2147024769.
>
> Googling this leads to msft:
>
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;Q299645&ID=KB;EN-US;Q299645&LN=EN
>
> It looks like there is an issue with how the msi is built but I can't
> be sure.
>
> If I ignore the error and start switchboard I get the same problem I
> had before only worse.  I get well over 100 ODBC Installer Error
> message boxes.  It actually looks pretty cool watching them fill the
> screen :)
>
> In the xAP hub I get a bunch of messages with malformed addresses.
>
> The following message caused an error during its processing.
> The address is malformed and does not include a Device name.
> The message was received from 192.168.1.16:1277
>
> ------------
> xap-hbeat
> {
> v=12
> interval=60
> hop=1
> class=xap-hbeat.stopped
> source=
> uid=
> port=0
> }
>
> ------------
> The error that was generated is as follows:
> The address is malformed and does not include a Device name.
>
> Source: xAPMessage
> The address is malformed and does not include a Device name.
> System.FormatException: The address is malformed and does not include
> a Device name.
>    at KCS.xAP.Framework.Message.xAPAddressBase.get_Device()
>    at KCS.xAP.Framework.Message.xAPAddressBase.IsValid(IIsValidFailure
> reason)
>    at
> KCS.xAP.Framework.Message.xAPMessageReader.ReadHeaderPair(xAPMessage
> message, String line)
>    at KCS.xAP.Framework.Message.xAPMessageReader.ReadMessage()
>

> --- In xap_automation@xxxxxxx, James Traynor <james@...> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Sorry to hear you  having problems. I'm sure it can be sorted out!
>>
>> Firstly the switchboard error.  I have seen this once and was down
to a
>> corrupt mdac setup ( microsoft data access components), a
reinstall of
>> them fixed it.
>>

> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=6a7d785f-c2e0-471d-a33b-82ad1d514737&DisplayLang=en
>
>> Switchboard uses it's db quite alot so it's really important
Window's
>> drivers are ok.
>>
>> xAPPace as you saw only supports Pace modems so really won't work
on

> yours.
>
>> http://www.mi4.biz/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=viewdownload&cid=15
>> xAPTel  which supports modems/meteor devices will do the trick
though.
>> I would say, that while some have reported reasonable success in
the UK
>> with USR/Pace modems  I've never found them 100%. A meteor
however,
>> budget allowing, is the device to look at.
>>
>> Switchboard itself  doesn't talk to any modems, it relies on
>> xAPTel/xAPPace/...  to provide it with the call data. Think of
>> switchboard as the front end,the call logger and the address book.
You
>> can also you it to trigger various things when calls come in, such
as
>> announcements/displays, and even link to Outlook2k3 .  KevinT made
>> diagram that nicely shows what you can link to what in a typical
setup.
>> http://www.mi4.biz/modules.php?name=Content&pa=showpage&pid=58
>> hth
>> James
>>
>> cbass233 wrote:
>>
>>> I've just started trying to get the caller ID stuff to work
but I'm
>>> having nothing but problems.
>>>
>>> I have the message viewer, the hub and weather stuff working
just fine
>>> (right out of the box it works great).  I'm running XP pro on
a system
>>> that has been very stable.
>>>
>>> I'm now trying to get either CID or Switchboard to work.
>>>
>>> The CID program appears to be confused as to how to work with
my modem
>>> (USRobotics 56k PCI).  In reading posts here it appears that
the code
>>> is hard-coded to a particular vendor (PACE I think) and does
not use
>>> TAPI.
>>>
>>> I hoped switchboard might get around this but it won't
install.  I get
>>> a cascade of
>>>
>>> "The ODBC installer DLL (ODBCCP32.dll) is not installed
on this

> system."
>
>>> error messages.  After hitting enter about 100 times (not
>>> exaggerating) the switchboard icon appears in my task tray but
doesn't
>>> appear to know detect calls or phone activity of any kind.
>>>
>>> What can I do to get CID working?  I would be happy to buy a
>>> compatible modem but the 'compatible hardware' links on the
mi4 site
>>> are empty wiki pages.
>>>
>>> Chuck
>>>

>>> Yahoo! Groups Links

> Yahoo! Groups Links

--------------000009020401050102070201

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01
Transitional//EN">
<head>
http-equiv="Content-Type">
</head>

Thanks for info and the ms link, i'll get the msi tweak on the next
release but as you say it will continue to install fine if you click
ignore.<br>
The xAP errors, i think, are just highlighting that the app isn't
starting so the xAP control isn't being setup.<br>
ODBCCP32.dll, the cause of the error, should be a file included with
the OS. It certainly is in 2k,2k3 and XP. If you do a find files does
the dll actually exist?<br>
On my xp and 2k3 machines it's in windows\system32<br>
James<br>
cbass233 wrote:
type="cite">
<pre wrap="">I installed the mdac stuff and then

<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;Q299645&ID=KB;EN-US;Q299645&LN=EN";>http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;Q299645&amp;ID=KB;EN-US;Q299645&amp;LN=EN</a>

[...]

--- In <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:xap_automation@xxxxxxx";>xap_automation@xxxxxxx</a>,
James Traynor <a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E" href="mailto:james@...";>&lt;james@...&gt;</a>
wrote:
</pre>
<pre wrap="">Hi,

Sorry to hear you  having problems. I'm sure it can be sorted out!

Firstly the switchboard error.  I have seen this once and was down to a
corrupt mdac setup ( microsoft data access components), a reinstall of
them fixed it.

</pre>
<pre wrap=""><!----><a
class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=6a7d785f-c2e0-471d-a33b-82ad1d514737&DisplayLang=en";>http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=6a7d785f-c2e0-471d-a33b-82ad1d514737&amp;DisplayLang=en</a>
</pre>
<pre wrap="">Switchboard uses it's db quite alot so it's

<pre wrap=""><!---->yours.
href="http://www.mi4.biz/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=viewdownload&cid=15";>http://www.mi4.biz/modules.php?name=Downloads&amp;d_op=viewdownload&amp;cid=15</a>
xAPTel  which supports modems/meteor devices will do the trick though.
I would say, that while some have reported reasonable success in the UK
with USR/Pace modems  I've never found them 100%. A meteor however,
budget allowing, is the device to look at.

Switchboard itself  doesn't talk to any modems, it relies on
xAPTel/xAPPace/...  to provide it with the call data. Think of
switchboard as the front end,the call logger and the address book. You
can also you it to trigger various things when calls come in, such as
announcements/displays, and even link to Outlook2k3 .  KevinT made a
diagram that nicely shows what you can link to what in a typical setup.
<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www.mi4.biz/modules.php?name=Content&pa=showpage&pid=58";>http://www.mi4.biz/modules.php?name=Content&amp;pa=showpage&amp;pid=58</a>
hth
James

cbass233 wrote:
</pre>
<pre wrap="">I've just started trying to get the caller ID
stuff to work but I'm
having nothing but problems.

I have the message viewer, the hub and weather stuff working just fine
(right out of the box it works great).  I'm running XP pro on a system
that has been very stable.

I'm now trying to get either CID or Switchboard to work.

The CID program appears to be confused as to how to work with my modem
(USRobotics 56k PCI).  In reading posts here it appears that the code
is hard-coded to a particular vendor (PACE I think) and does not use
TAPI.

I hoped switchboard might get around this but it won't install.  I get
a cascade of

"The ODBC installer DLL (ODBCCP32.dll) is not installed on this
</pre>
<pre wrap=""><!---->system."
</pre>
<pre wrap="">error messages.  After hitting enter about 100